Monday, August 31, 2009

It's Science Fiction, Dangit!

I'm not sure if anyone watches the SciFi channel except me and one of my friends, but you should. It has some great programs like Eureka and the Stargate series. They also have awesomely terrible movies like Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus starring Debbie Gibson. I did not make that up, it showed on Saturday. I didn't see it but I have my money on the Octopus because you could get Lost in His Eyes. (Nerdy Debbie Gibson reference).

Anyway, I am absolutely tickled pink about their programming choices...until recently. They have really gone and done it now - the network executives have alienated (pun intended) their nerdy customer-base by changing their name to the SYFY channel. What the heck is that?

SyFy is stupid haiku:

Syfy. Looks like a
Dumb nickname for syphilis.
Don't erase your past.

No comments: