Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fake I-lashes

[Editor's note: I'm so vain. I probably think this post is about me, 'bout me, 'bout me.]

So there is a new phenomenon of women going to a salon to get fake eyelashes. The eyelashes aren't fake in the Miss Piggy/glue strip sense, they are added one by one using a special adhesive and they stay for on for weeks. The great thing about them is that you do not have to put on mascara. Ever.

After my stint abroad, my skin is looking its best (I think it was eating all fresh food) and so I could get away with fake eyelashes and moisturizer and not have to put on makeup most days. I find that kind of freedom and glamor totally intoxicating.

However the eyelashes are not cheap and these days I am very cheap so they are out of the question. I thought, "Perhaps I should buy a lottery ticket - all I would need is to win a few hundred dollars..." I'll bet I'd be the only lottery player ever chanting "Momma needs a new pair of eyelashes."

Eyelash haiku:

Oh fake eyelashes
Will they cause me to flirt when
I just mean to blink?

Feel free to weigh in: if you found yourself with an unassigned $500 windfall, how would you indulge?

No comments: