Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Good Talk

I often say "Good talk" at the end of a conversation when something very important has been shared. Then again I also have been known to say it sarcastically, particularly when someone doesn't hear my question or intentionally ignores me.

This first haiku goes out to Robin in Dublin, the other haiku is for someone who will remain nameless but hopefully not shameless.*

Cockburn Street haiku:

"Cockburn Street?" I asked.
"It's said Co-burn," he replied.
"Oh," I think, "Good talk."

Co(ck)burn street in Edinburgh is a lovely street despite its wince-inducing name. I recommend a pub called The Advocate if you find yourself close by and thirsty.

This next haiku is named after an acronym that refers the somewhat-necessary talk two people have when their relationship evolves. The aim is to Define The Relationship or at least establish that everyone is on the same page. I frequently use it as a verb (e.g. "They haven't DTRed yet.") but then again I'm not very mature.

DTR Haiku:

I bring it up but
Call waiting beeps. You go and
...don't return. Good Talk.

*And certainly not blameless.

No comments: