Friday, June 4, 2010

Ty-me To Learn!

Is there anything more annoying than house training an obstinate puppy? My puppy Tayau has grown into a some kind of freak urine factory.  If only we could use this technology to produce energy, a majority of the world's problems would be remedied.

The thing is, Ty is no longer the cute little puppy who piddles. Now he pees. He pees on my roommate's rug, or the living room rug, on the kitchen floor, and yesterday in a misguided attempt in the guest bathroom.  If this continues it will soon have to be classified as piss which is a word I generally don't use.  But I feel it conveys the correct amount of animosity.

I am just happy when he stands still. The "walking pee" is both difficult to spot and tedious to clean up.  My back has a semi-permanent curve in it from cowering over the floor with a rag and a bottle of Nature's Miracle (whose primary miracle is the severe increase in sales since March.)

The good news is that he has learned how to give you his paw, or shake.  So at least he can ruin my hardwood floors like a gentleman now. 

Before Ty, my friends would call me the dog whisperer. Now I have morphed into the dog screamer.

Little puppy. 
Leaking like a gulf coast oil rig. 
As sneaky as neighborhood kids who run up to your doorstep and light a bag of feces on fire, but less funny. 
Cute as a button, like a really adorable button that you might find on a baby's sweater. 
But sometimes debatably not worth the trouble, like pantyhose.

1 comment:

AVR said...

When, oh when, will you post again?