Monday, June 21, 2010

Funny Legal Phrases Update

[Post for Monday, June 16th]

I have an extremely immature update to the posting about my favorite legal terms that are not as funny as they sound.  One of the awful things about Barbri is that you have to learn classes in several hours that you had never taken in law school.  One of the wonderful things is that you are exposed to all different kinds of the law.  One of the better things about about the wonderful things is that I have expanded my knowledge of funny legal phrases.  And I have one to add.

Dry Hole Provision: this has nothing to do with premarital agreements, in case you were wondering.  (Gross, I know!)  A dry hole provision is an oil and gas term that means if a lessor drills for oil and blah blah blah blah DRY HOLE!  Enough said.

Dry hole.   A way out that works like a fire exit you are so glad you built.  Like decoy a phone call to get you out of a bad date. 

No comments: